We are delighted to welcome Kadiatu, Aminata and Konya Kanneh-Mason back to Newark to end our Festival and share an evening of their wonderful music with us.
Tonight’s performance will focus on Aminata and Konya performing; in addition Kadiatu will be in conversation with Tim Rideout to introduce the evening and discuss her memoir about her remarkable family – The House of Music.
The Kanneh-Masons are seven Nottingham-based siblings who are classically trained musicians, ranging in age from 12 to 25 years old, all of whom play either violin, piano or cello. As a family, they played the Royal Variety Performance in 2019 and their first album, Carnival, received the Global Award for Best Classical Artist in 2021.
Music performed tonight includes:
- Bach partita no.2 in d minor: Allemande (Aminata – violin)
- Liebeslied Kreisler (Aminata – violin/Konya – piano)
- First movement Beethoven Sonata No.18 (Konya – piano)
- Schubert Sonatina for violin and piano No.1
- Allegro Molto (Aminata and Konya)
- Schubert Impromptu op.142 No.31- theme and variations (Konya –
- Brahms Scherzo from F.A.E sonata (Aminata – violin)
This event is sponsored by Bookwise.