An American Marriage longlisted for the Orwell Prize for Political Fiction
7th May, 2019
An American Marriage by Tayari Jones has been longlisted for the Orwell Prize for Political Fiction.
According to The Orwell Foundation, the prizes ‘aim to encourage excellence in writing and thinking about politics. Winning entries should strive to meet Orwell’s own ambition “to make political writing into an art”‘.
The shortlist will be revealed later this month, with the winner announced on the 25th June at University College London.
The full longlist reads as follows:
- An American Marriage, Tayari Jones
- Brother, David Chariandy
- House of Stone, Novuyo Rosa Tshuma
- In Our Mad and Furious City, Guy Gunaratne
- Ironopolis, Glen James Brown
- Milkman, Anna Burns
- Ordinary People, Diana Evans
- Perfidious Albion, Sam Byers
- Red Clocks, Leni Zumas
- Sabrina, Nick Drnaso
- Silence is My Mother Tongue, Sulaiman Addonia
- The Ice Migration, Jacqueline Crooks
For more information about the Orwell Prize please click here.