Orchid & The Wasp longlisted for the Authors’ Club Best First Novel Award
1st March, 2019
Caoilinn Hughes’ debut novel Orchid & The Wasp has been longlisted for the Authors’ Club Best First Novel Award.
The 12-strong longlist was announced today (1st March) by the Club, whose Best First Novel prize has been running for 65 years and past winners include Jackie Kay, Nadeem Aslam, Kevin Barry, and last year’s winner Gail Honeyman, author of Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.
The longlist is as follows:
- Claire Askew, All the Hidden Truths
- Mary Lynn Bracht, White Chrysanthemum
- Laura Carlin, The Wicked Cometh
- Guy Gunaratne, In Our Mad and Furious City
- Sarah Haywood, The Cactus
- Caoilinn Hughes, Orchid & the Wasp
- Emily Koch, If I Die Before I Wake
- Norma McMaster, Silence Under a Stone
- Sally Magnusson, The Sealwoman’s Gift
- Donald S. Murray, As the Women Lay Dreaming
- Kim Sherwood, Testament
- Stuart Turton, The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
The shortlist will be announced at Essex Book Festival at the end of March.
Click here for more information about the prize.